Hi, my name is Emily, I’m married to Matt and we live in York with our two young children, Sophia and Oscar.
I trained for a degree in counselling at university and when I graduated in 2008, I felt called to serve the church and have been doing so ever since. You can read more of my story here.
I currently head up the pastoral team at York City Church, and I also volunteer for a pregnancy choice and loss support centre Reflect, as an advisor.
I am passionate to see people being all they can be, realising their full potential and being encouraged to live out the plan God has set for them.
The heart of this blog is that together we would:
- know and love Jesus more.
- be shaped and changed by better self awareness and godly insight.
- be reading God’s word to hear him speak to us and guide us.
- have a better sense of community built on trust, love and encouraging one another.
- be looking towards wholeness and restoration within our lives and relationships.
- find freedom from all that holds us back in doing God’s plan for our lives.
You are so welcome to join me on this journey and I pray that it can be helpful and encouraging for you x